Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Aqua launch party


Aqua dress
river island heels
lapponia silver ring
clover web bracelet from bonadrag
other rings vintage

pictures by Tasha

So finally, pictures from Aqua's carnaby street store launch party, that took place last week! Thank you to all the lovely people over at Aqua, who welcomed me with open arms! needless to say I have a new obsession, so expect to see my in much more of their dresses in the future..

The party was so much fun! I had the privilege to mingle around with inspiring people like Susie from style bubble, Ryan who is the genius behind the designs of Aqua, and beautiful Laura, seen in the last picture, who is the brand manager and muse, she also runs Aqua's blog. Thank you Tasha for helping me with the pictures..

The collections are designed by Ryan Holliday-Stevens, who even had time to answer a few questions! so here we go..

When did you start Aqua and what was your thoughts behind the idea?
Aqua was started as a platform to support new independent designers. We worked closely with graduates and new labels to offer a commercial marketplace to test new designs. Over the past ten years we have gradually turned into a own label brand building a design team headed by Ryan Holliday-Stevens.
 

Where did you study?
I studied in Leeds, Huddersfield and Batley. I spent two years at university but never finished my degree as my own label had taken off. I went on my sandwich year and did work placement at my own company I had set up. It was after this year that Julie and I started to work together on a full time basis.
 

Who is your ideal customer?
We like confident fashion savvy girls who are bold and not afraid to stand out!
 
What makes Aqua different from others?
Well we have 12 in season collections a year, which translates to new designs every week. And of course our price point really makes a difference, no where else in this price band offers pieces so directional
.

Where do you get your inspiration? Do you have a muse?
We work together as a team, I think that really helps as quite often the end result is a shared vision rather than just my own. Laura our brand manager is my muse, we work and live together so its rare our creative heads are not switched on. 

What are the biggest challenges?
I think opening in London has been the biggest challenge to date, and of course the pressure of every collection having to be better than the last. But we all thrive on that here, it's what makes us tick.

What's excites you? 
Being part of a brand from day one, its such an amazing thing to be part of, having the opportunity to take in whatever direction we see fit.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment